BOXERS IN RESCUE
Enjoy looking at all of our rescue boxers. We adopt out dogs every weekend, and new ones come in everyday! So fill out your application so you can bring home your forever friend!
LSBR advocates saving all dogs, of any breed. We post many non-boxers on our website as a courtesy post to help them get exposure; you will know the pup is a courtesy listing if you see "Courtesy Post" in their name.
We feel that there's no such thing as being too picky in our adoption process. Our goal is to have every rescue boxer placed into a home that is committed to loving and nurturing them -- throughout their transition period and for the rest of their lives.
Most of these dogs have had a very tough time so far. At the minimum, they have been rejected by a family they loved and protected. We do our best to make sure that the rest of their lives will be spent in a loving home with a family that provides them with appropriate medical care, attention,training and lots of love.
Our adoption process consists of the following steps:
- Completion of an adoption application. This allows us to learn more about your family and lifestyle and helps us to match a rescue boxer with your home. You will be notified by e-mail or phone when your application is received by Lone Star Boxer Rescue. If you have submitted an application and do not receive confirmation of receipt within 5 days, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Once the completed application is received and reviewed by our volunteers, you will be contacted for a phone interview and to discuss dogs currently available for adoption.
- We also may conduct an in-person interview at your home before an adoption is approved. A non-refundable $25 application fee will be applied toward the adoption fee upon approval of your application.
- After your application is approved, you and your family (including pets!) will be invited to meet rescue boxers.
All dogs are current on all vaccines, including bordetella (for kennelcough) and rabies. Each has been examined by a veterinarian and those not in heartworm treatment receive monthly heartworm preventative.
All dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption (if surgery isprevented by a medical condition, timely spay or neuter surgery will be a requirement of the adoption contract and proof of spay or neuter must be provided to Lone Star Boxer Rescue).
If you have any questions about our organization or adoption process, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional helpful articles can be found here:
- Are you right for a boxer?
- Hot Weather and Dog
- The Boxer
- 10 Commandments for a responsible pet owner
- Acepromazine Warning
- Dangerous "people food" & Commercial Pet Product
- Housebreaking your dog
- Separation Anxiety
- Dog Care - Crate Training
- Fear of Thunder (and other noises)
- Never Never Say it Say it Twice-Twice